New 2020 Orvis Recon
The 30-Second Tour
- Helios 3 construction technology increases hoop strength without increased weight for best in class tracking, improved damping and greater accuracy.
- Twenty-one versatile rod models from trout to tarpon with 13 freshwater and 8 big game rods to choose from
- Type III anodized reel seat, Freshwater models have a matte olive blank with charcoal and spring green accents. Big game models have a matte blue blank with charcoal and light blue accents.
- Mid-priced rod with premium performance and components built-in
- Made in USA - designed and built-in Vermont
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year guarantee
Freshwater Fly Rods Perfect For Bozeman Waters
Big Game Fly Rods Perfect For Saltwater Destinations
Euro Nymph Rods Perfect For Bozeman Rivers
How an Orvis Rod is Designed
- 3-5 years of research and design to identify new material packages and innovative construction techniques.
- Prototype blanks are built then tested in the laboratory for deflection, load profile, impact strength, breaking strength, tracking and damping.
- Rods that meet desired criteria in the lab are then wrapped with guides, cast and fished by an internal group of elite casters.
- Rods that pass the rigorous internal review are built in small quantities and sent to a group of field testers and professional guides to fish and abuse.
- Once the design team is satisfied that the prototype performs significantly better than the previous generation Orvis rod, the internal team of elite casters reviews the rods performance one last time and decides if the prototype is ready to be put on the market or taken back the drawing board.