10' 3 Weight Clearwater Rod Review
103-4 Orvis Clearwater Euro rod review and package details from our Bozeman fly shop.
Euro Nymphing is quickly gaining traction around Southwest Montana, and for good reason. This method proves to be one of the most effective techniques when it comes to catching trout (and whitefish) in Bozeman area rivers. A euro nymph rod is highly specialized with additional length and tip sensitivity, usually equating to a higher price. This is no longer the case. The Orvis Clearwater 103-4 Rod, reel, and line package is an excellent setup for the euro nymph game at an even better price.
The Clearwater 3-Weight 10' Fly Rod is specifically designed to enhance European nymphing tactics. Its light sensitivity and reach offer the perfect rod for maintaining contact with a multiple-fly nymphing rig. Given the new popularity of this technique, the Clearwater 103-4 coupled with a Tactical Nymph line is an exceptional outfit offering reduced line sag and better contact for quicker reaction to subtle takes.
- 10' 3-weight
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Rods with fighting butts have composite tips for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Comes with gray rod tube
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Designed in Vermont
Kit Includes - $332
- Clearwater 103-4 fly rod
- Clearwater II reel
- Tactical Nymph Line
- 175 yds. 20-lb. Dacron® backing
- Rod tube