Bozeman Montana Wet Wading
Wet wading season is upon us here in Bozeman Montana. Find all of your essential wet wading gear below!
When water and air temps are high, ditch the waders and hop into your wet wading gear. All of the necessary gear can be found at our Bozman fly shop. The new wet wading shoes from Simms and orvis are the best we have ever seen. Either of these boots will be a comfortable, durable, high performance wet wading shoe. Learn more below.
Orvis Approach Shoe
Hiking, boating, wet wading, flats—the possibilities are endless in the
remarkable Men's PRO Approach Shoe. Versatility is an understatement for
this incredibly lightweight, quick-drying, yet rugged multi-purpose
shoe. The strength and reduced weight come from seamless PU cage
technology that provides superior drainage, as well as durability. An
integrated Ariaprene® sock prevents debris from entering the shoe while
providing excellent ankle support and breathability. Continuing the
innovative PRO footwear story is a the Michelin® Outdoor Extreme rubber
outsole that provides 43% better wet rubber traction and 25% higher
abrasion resistance than the competition. Removable 3D molded OrthoLite®
insole rests on a single density phylon midsole for all-day comfort and
enhanced "river feel." Integrated lace hood allows laces to easily tuck
away. Men's sizes 7-14. Weighs 23 oz. in size 10.
Polyester/polyurethane upper. EVA midsole. Nylon face/Ariaprene inner
sock. Rubber outsole. Imported.
Simms Flyweight Shoe
The Flyweight® Wet Wading Shoe shaves excess ounces in exchange for pace-setting comfort and hard-charging traction in pushy water and across slick, unforgiving terrain. Go lighter, go farther.
- A lightweight, hiking-inspired, wet wading shoe for moving fast on warm days. Designed to be worn next to skin or with a thin knit sock.
- Low-profile, lightweight synthetic boot upper
- Welded TPU film in high abrasion zones for added durability
- Web lacing system for lightweight comfort
- Comfortable, high-cushion midsole
- Outsole- Vibram® Idrogrip rubber
- Upper- highly abrasion-resistant mesh
Simms Gravel Gaurd
Arm your wading boots with the debris-stymieing abilities of the best-fitting Gravel Guards ever built, bar none. Features include a nonslip, contoured design that forms a surefire seal, a loop wrap with VELCRO® Brand fasteners closure, and textured nylon jersey on the underside of the Gravel Guard for enhanced durability.
- New & improved fit that contours better with the shape of your boots
- Abrasion resistant textured nylon jersey on the underside of the Gravel Guard will increase durability of the guard
- Calf length
- Easy on-off
- One size fits most
Simms Guide Gaurd Socks
On a hot day, there's nothing more refreshing than wet wading. So, forgo the waders but still keep your feet protected and comfortable in your boots with Guide Guard Socks. Constructed of cushy 3.5 mm neoprene, these socks are left/right foot-specific for dawn-to-dusk comfort. Built for the long haul, durable textured nylon helps these socks stand up to aggressive tromping season after season.
- Improved design for easier on/off
- Antomically correct left and right
FABRIC TECH: 3.5mm Neoprene
APPROX. WEIGHT: 13 oz per pair
Sizes: S (7-8), M (8-10), L (10-12), XL (12-13)
Guide Wet Wading Sock
Spun from quick-drying hydrophobic yarns, Guide Wet Wading Socks are the ultimate tools for hardworking feet exploring cool summer flows or salt flats. Right Angle® arch support enhances ride across variable underwater terrain, while bolstered cushioning and an anti-abrasion build pampers feet.
- Quick drying, odor-resistant
- Right Angle® arch support
- Anti-abrasion wet wading performance
- Midcalf height
- Machine wash & dry. See garment label for details.
FABRIC TECH: 75% polypropylene/20% nylon/3% polyester/2% LYCRA®
WEIGHT: 3 oz. (85.1 g) per pair