More strength and fight were an obvious upgrade, yet few salt rods, especially in
the heavier weights, achieve the importance of feel for fine touch shots and precise presentations. Shaping a taper that brought this increased touch into the equation
took more time. Yet after a long residence in the birthplace of saltwater fly fishing,
and working directly with the experienced guides there, our rod designers found the right profile and fiber alignment that delivered strength, fine touch presentation, and a more intuitive sweet spot to a class of rods that have long had a reputation as unwieldy, unforgiving and difficult. With the SALT R8, gone are the days of sacrificing the feel and touch in your saltwater rod.
• 25% Greater Strength Per Rod - Greater Pulling power equals more fight for faster landing and less stress on delicate ecosystems
• Enhanced Durability - Enhanced toughness withstands more rugged situations and demands of remote travel
• More Intuitive Sweet Spot - Prioritizes touch and speed for shorter shots and on-demand casts
• Saltwater Specific Guide Set - Fuji K-guides resist corrosion, while angled shape prevents snags and tangling in the chaos of the fight. Oversized chrome snake guides and tip-top allow larger slatwater knots to pass with ease.
• Heavy-Duty Reel Seat - Built for enhanced contact and confidence, heavy-duty reel seat and oversized locking rings keep reel tight to the rod for greater contact, rigidity, and a more dirrect connection when fighting powerful high-stakes fish