Preparing for Your Trip
As your Bozeman fly fishing trip with Fins & Feathers draws near, here are a few things to keep in mind and to help with your final plans prior to arrival.
- Most people prefer to use their own gear if they have it; here are our typical gear recommendations plus a list of recommended personal items that you will want to bring along as well.
- Please call or email us approximately one week prior to your scheduled trip to confirm any last-minute arrangements and to discuss the meeting time for the start of your trip.
- Airport transfers should be confirmed directly with your hotel or lodge 24 hours prior to your arrival. UBER and Taxi services are available around Bozeman as well.
- Gratuities for the guides are generally $125-$150 per day/guide whether there are one or two anglers.
- Fishing licenses can be purchased online or at our Bozeman fly shop. We do accept credit cards for Montana fishing license purchase with a convenience fee of $2-$5 depending on the license amount. Yellowstone National Park licenses are cash only. We do not accept personal checks.
- Monitor the local weather online to make sure that you are prepared for the anticipated weather which seems to change all of the time! Expect afternoon thundershowers in the summertime and dramatic temperature changes throughout the day during the spring and fall.
- Watch our fishing reports and blog; feel free to email us if you have any questions about what to expect within a day or two of your scheduled guide trip.
- You can shop online and select “In-Store” pickup at checkout if you would like to get some new gear prior to your guided trip. There’s no sales tax here in Montana and we’re happy to ship bulky new purchases like rods, waders, and boots back home following your guided trip (minimum $50 purchase and lower 48 shipping address required)
- Need to rent some gear for the part of your trip that you won’t be fishing with a guide? No problem as we have a wide range of waders, boots, rods, and reels available to rent plus we offer discounts on long-term rentals of more than 5 days.