Back to All Reels
Hatch Finatic - Generation 2
The American made Hatch Finatic – Generation 2 series of fly reels from Hatch Outdoors is one of the truly great pieces of gear in the fly-fishing industry today. The company has been making the most durable and functional reels for 15 years in southern California. World renowned as the go-to-choice for serious saltwater endeavors thanks to the sealed-drag cartridge, hard anodized finish, and maintenance free care.
The Finatic – Generation 2 is equally at home in our guide boats on the waters around Bozeman with its sensitive drag and durable construction providing for years of reliable use despite the abuse of banging around boats and trucks on gravel roads. When a customer in our Bozeman fly shop asks which reel is the best, our answer is always “Hatch”. Available in Large Arbor (mid-arbor available upon request via email)
- Mist Finish creates smoother edges and provides for a more consistent non-reflective finish throughout.
- Ultraflon sleeve that covers the aluminum shaft and separates it from the aluminum crank handle
- Lip seals and sealed bearings to protect against the elements and add a whole new level of water protection.
- Frame to Spool connectivity - creating a bomb proof frame to spool connection i.
- Machined reel foot is the Hatch signature a – “A solid is always stronger than two parts attached by screws.“
- Hook Guard machined into the reel frame within the line guard.
- Drag is sealed and comprised of Rulon® and precision stamped stainless steel discs is employed in all models.
Hatch Finatic Generation 2 Large Arbor Reel Specifications
Available in standard colors that include:
Custom paint fills are available on Clear, Black, & Grey frames and spools for an additional $50. Please visit Hatch Outdoors Custom Shop for custom paint fill options and image renderings. You can order a custom reel through our Bozeman fly shop via e-mail or call us at 1-877-790-5303. Custom colors typically take 1-2 weeks for delivery and we confirm this upon order.
Reels in need of repair or warranty service should be sent to: HATCH OUTDOORS, INC.
ATTN: REPAIRS DEPARTMENT
961 PARK CENTER DRIVE
VISTA, CA 92081
For all repairs not covered under warranty, Hatch will contact the sender with a quote for the repair prior to initiating the repair. Most repairs can be completed within 7 days of receipt. All items sent in for repair or service require a return ground shipping fee. Expedited return shipping is available. Please contact Hatch Outdoors for a quote.
WARRANTY INFORMATION AND PRODUCT REGISTRATION
All Hatch reels are carefully inspected to assure product consistency and quality, and are guaranteed against manufacturer’s defects in materials and craftsmanship for the life of the product by its original owner. Damaged or defective reels must be returned to Hatch with a detailed explanation as to the cause or situation that lead to the problem. This explanation allows us to improve on the
quality of our products, rather than to assign blame. Customers can register their reels through the Hatch website. Warranty/Product Registration is available by clicking HERE or on the Warranty tab on the home page at hatchoutdoors.com