Back to Best selling products
Men’s Expedition Wader
Engineered for fit, mobility and durability, our heaviest weight, most fully featured waders feature an adjustable, quick-release suspender system for conversion from chest to waist height. Details include an interior waterproof pocket, a handwarmer pocket with zip flaps and anatomical booties.
Built for hardcore winter steelheading and other industrial-strength fisheries, our new Swiftcurrent Expedition Waders are the toughest, most feature-rich waders on the planet. Completely redesigned to take advantage of our new, ultra-supple, 4-layer, polyester microfiber fabric package which has passed our rigorous H2No® Performance Standard for waterproofness and durability, the Expeditions keep you fishing in comfort through the most extreme conditions.
- H2No® Performance Standard shell.
- Upper: 4-layer, 6.6-oz 100% recycled polyester microfiber high-density taffeta face fabric bonded to 100% recycled polyester backer.
- Lower: 4-layer, 9.4-oz 100% recycled polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta face fabric bonded to 100% recycled polyester backer.
- Both with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Single-seam construction for durability and gusseted crotch for freedom of movement and comfort
- Fully adjustable, quick-release suspender system; top-hem drawcord cinch system; Secure Stretch, no-snag wading belt; front and rear belt loops
- Interior organization: waterproof flip-out pocket; two drop-in stretch pockets; two internal daisy chains for tools; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Exterior organization: two handwarmer pockets with pocket flaps; large chest pocket with horizontal, water-resistant zipper
- Articulated legs; removable foam kneepads; heavy-duty scuff guards at ankles
- Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume and a more sock-like fit for all-day wading comfort
- 1,868 g (65.9 oz)
4-Layer Wader Fabric
Patagonia developed the innovative, 4-layer fabric construction for our waders in order to increase breathability, move moisture away from the body, increase abrasion resistance, and decrease the weight of the fabric. We were successful on all fronts.
Our exterior fabrics are all 100% polyester microfibers that are densely woven for durability and puncture resistance. On one side of this face fabric we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for superb waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate. Hydrophilic means water loving and this layer pulls moisture away from the person wearing the waders so it can be passed out through the coating and exterior shell. To protect the hydrophilic laminate we apply a soft polyester tricot lining (this is the lining you feel inside the wader).
Our new tricot lining is the key to the fabric’s performance. It’s 27% lighter than our previous fabric package with a 42% increase in abrasion resistance. We were also maintained a soft, supple drape to the fabric which is critical to how well the waders move with your body. Our 4-layer waders are extremely comfortable.
Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment on the exterior face fabric. This is one of our most important innovations in wader technology. We tested all DWR's available and ultimately chose to apply NanoSphere® DWR as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated, enabling the breathable barrier to do its job. Patagonia has long relied on a DWR with perfluorinated compound (PFC) but we have been searching diligently for an alternative because of its harmful environmental impacts.
We guarantee everything we make. If you are not satisfied with one of our products at the time you receive it, or if one of our products does not perform to your satisfaction, return it to the store you bought it from or to Patagonia for a repair, replacement or refund. Damage due to wear and tear will be repaired at a reasonable charge. Learn more about Patagonia's Ironclad Guarnatee.