Sage FOUNDATION 490 Outfit
9' 4 weight, four piece fly rod
The 490-4 FOUNDATION Fly Rod Outfit from Sage features a proven taper design and graphite technology balanced perfectly for use on small and medium sized trout waters. Paired with a Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel and a Rio Gold fly line, the outfit includes a Sage Rod & Reel Travel Case. The Sage Foundation outfits offer the best value of any standard, packaged fly rod outfit on the market today and is an investment that will last a lifetime.
MULTI-APPLICATION / FAST ACTION
- Minimalist finish
- Premium blank
Equipped with a high-performance blank (Graphite IIIe), the FOUNDATION has a fast action providing excellent casting power and effortless control. It’s the very foundation of what defines a Sage rod – Performance - taking your game to another level. Whether you are a guide on the Madison or exploring your backyard waters, the FOUNDATION series delivers the signature Sage feel.
- Graphite IIIe Technology
- Stealth Black blank color
- Black primary wraps with silver trim wraps
- Ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chrome snake guides and tip-top
- Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Snub nose cork handle with fighting butt on saltwater weights
- Rugged black nylon rod tube with divided liner
Graphite IIIe Technology brings power and durability resulting in a more connected feel throughout the casting stroke, making longer and more accurate casts possible. Constructed using glass scrims within layers of graphite, Graphite IIIe rods are noted for their light weight, dependability, and smooth feel.
- Sage proprietary carbon/resin composite materials.
- Modulus positioning enhances blank strength and performance along the length of the shaft.
- Graphite / glass scrim layered construction reduces weight and increases cross-sectional durability and performance.
The SPECTRUM C features a large arbor with rugged machined die-cast frame and generous concave vented spool. Equipped with the SPECTRUM Family One Revolution Sealed Carbon Drag and unexpected finishing touches like its fully machined drag knob and handle. The SPECTRUM C gives you more than the fish bargained for.
- SCS Drag
- One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and detented settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Vented concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case
- Lightweight aluminum die-cast construction with machined finish
- Powder coated for surface protection and corrosion resistance
- Machined and anodized aluminum drag knob and ergonomic handle
The RIO Gold has a special taper design that gives incredible loop stability at distance, a unique profile that allows a rod to load at close range and a front taper that delivers perfect presentation of flies between sizes #22 and #2. The RIO Gold is the ultimate all round, floating line for the trout fly fisher.
Every new Sage rod, blank and Sage series reel is covered by our lifetime, original owner warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
This warranty is limited to repair and replacement of the rod, blank or reel and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product. This warranty does not cover fire, theft, missing rod sections, intentional breakage, modification or customization of the finished rod, or damage during the assembly of a blank into a finished rod. Warranty coverage on Sage blanks does not extend to any custom work or components added to the blanks. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
Sage reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace any Sage Product covered by this warranty and the right to replace any discontinued models with comparable models when necessary.
The lifetime, original owner warranty against defects in materials and workmanship applies to rods with a serial # beginning with the letter "A" and higher, including all double letters (i.e. AA, AB, and AC). Should a breakage occur outside of warranty coverage (when it’s not the result of defects in materials or workmanship) a repair can usually be made for a fee.
ROD CLASSIFICATION & REPAIR FEES
CURRENT - Rods that are part of our current line-up. - Fee: $30
RECENT - No longer in our current product line-up, but not more than 10 years since the final year of production. - Fee $85
CLASSIC - 10 or more years since the final year of production - $175