Back to All Fly Rods
A fighting butt version of the 690-4. At home on a flat fishing light saltwater patterns for small bonefish or in a drift boat throwing streamers to the bank. The fighting butt gives you added control to leverage the fight in your favor or added support while casting.
TECHNICAL CONDITIONS / ULTRA-FAST ACTION
- Windy conditions
- Long casts & line carry
- Accuracy & loop control
The most demanding conditions require a different kind of tool. Strong head wind? Fish at distance? Bulky rigs? Heavy sink-tips? The INGITER is tuned to handle the most technical of conditions. Not a rod for the everyday angler, the IGNTER is equipped with a high line speed taper to carry large amounts of line at distance with wind cutting performance. Perfect for streamer fishing with heavy sink tips or covering big water when conditions turn south. If you bring the will, the IGNITER will supply the way.
- KonneticHD Technology
- Chipotle blank color
- Cayenne thread wraps with Gunmetal trim wraps
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and chipotle color model tag
- Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
Freshwater 4-6 weights:
- Cocobolo wood insert with gunmetal anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Flor grade snub nosed half-wells cork handle
Saltwater 6-10 weights:
- Gunmetal anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat
- Flor grade full-wells cork handle with EVA fighting butt
KonneticHD Technology is the next era in performance graphite rods. Optimizing our graphite-to-resin ratio, we have created a higher density (HD) fiber composite, resulting in lighter, stronger blanks which deliver unmatched recovery, energy transfer, and line/loop control. Building upon proprietary construction techniques developed for Konnetic Technology, KonneticHD gives us an elevated platform to achieve new levels in rod design.
- New proprietary graphite/resin composite developed through exclusive partnerships.
- Advanced high density (HD) fiber positioning, enhanced laminate characteristics, and optimized manufacturing techniques increase composite modulus while maintaining durability.
- KonneticHD creates amplified strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios as needed within the rod blank.
- Optimized fiber-to-fiber energy transfer along the length of the blank minimizes both lateral and medial vibrations, delivering accuracy in an easy loading blank with quick recovery, a crisp tip stop, and enhanced line feel for complete loop control.
- The highest energy transferring material we have ever created, opening new doors for our R&D Team to experiment with construction techniques, taper designs, and action profiles.
THE SAGE LIFETIME WARRANTY
Every new Sage rod, blank and Sage series reel is covered by our lifetime, original owner warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
This warranty is limited to repair and replacement of the rod, blank or reel and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product. This warranty does not cover fire, theft, missing rod sections, intentional breakage, modification or customization of the finished rod, or damage during the assembly of a blank into a finished rod. Warranty coverage on Sage blanks does not extend to any custom work or components added to the blanks. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
Sage reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace any Sage Product covered by this warranty and the right to replace any discontinued models with comparable models when necessary.
Colors and components may vary between original and replacement parts.
The lifetime, original owner warranty against defects in materials and workmanship applies to rods with a serial # beginning with the letter "A" and higher, including all double letters (i.e. AA, AB, and AC). Should a breakage occur outside of warranty coverage (when it’s not the result of defects in materials or workmanship) a repair can usually be made for a fee.
One exception to this is the rods manufactured with a serial number Q, R, S or T. These rods carry an unconditional, original owner lifetime warranty.
PLEASE NOTE: Sage blanks are not serialized. Warranty coverage on rods built from Sage blanks is limited to the blank only.
ROD CLASSIFICATION & REPAIR FEES
CURRENT - Rods that are part of our current line-up. - Fee: $25
RECENT - No longer in our current product line-up, but not more than 10 years since the final year of production. - Fee $75
CLASSIC - 10 or more years since the final year of production.