Back to All Fly Rods
Sage MAVERICK 790
The Sage MAVERICK 790 is right at home on the Bonefish flats and in the mangroves looking for small to medium-sized Snook as well. Perfectly designed for quick cast and powerful fish fighting, the MAVERICK 790 is a terrific choice for Mexico and Belize Bonefish destinations.
Salt Specific / Fast Action
- Quick-Shot Presentations
- Increased Pulling And Lifting Power
- Oversized Guide-Set To Help Reduce Tangles Of Larger Saltwater Knots
The MAVERICK has been designed to maximize quick-shot opportunities with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. With a true saltwater specific backbone and design, the MAVERICK is ready for any salty challenge thrown its way.
- - Konnetic Technology
- - Pacific Blue blank color
- - Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps
- - Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- - Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- - Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- - Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- - Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- - Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag
- - Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
Fly Line Recommendation for Sage Maverick Fly Rods
- All-Around: RIO DirectCore Flats Pro
Improved accuracy is a result of smoother tracking and increased line speed and line control... all features of Sage’s revolutionary Konnetic Technology®. Creating an impossibly light blank with enhanced hand-to-fly sensitivity, Konnetic Technology utilizes advanced modulus positioning that places carbon fibers to exacting tolerances. This creates slimmer blank profiles with unparalleled strength and efficient energy transfer throughout the shaft. Konnetic Technology’s highly responsive and robust blanks feel connected, offering significantly enhanced torsional stability and minimal vibration for casts that track effortlessly and accurately.
- Unique, proprietary carbon/resin composite developed specifically for Konnetic Technology® rods and found exclusively in Sage rods.
- Advanced modulus positioning creates slimmer profiles, greater strength, & more efficient energy transfer along the length of the shaft.
- Optimized hoop to axial fiber positioning reduces blank weight and enhances cross-sectional strength and performance.
- High compression molding for increased fiber density, reducing weight with uncompromised durability.
- Superior tracking through minimized lateral and torsional movement.
- Focused energy transfer creates greater connectivity with less effort.
THE SAGE LIFETIME WARRANTY
Every new Sage rod, blank and Sage series reel is covered by our lifetime, original owner warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
This warranty is limited to repair and replacement of the rod, blank or reel and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product. This warranty does not cover fire, theft, missing rod sections, intentional breakage, modification or customization of the finished rod, or damage during the assembly of a blank into a finished rod. Warranty coverage on Sage blanks does not extend to any custom work or components added to the blanks. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
Sage reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace any Sage Product covered by this warranty and the right to replace any discontinued models with comparable models when necessary.
Colors and components may vary between original and replacement parts.
The lifetime, original owner warranty against defects in materials and workmanship applies to rods with a serial # beginning with the letter "A" and higher, including all double letters (i.e. AA, AB, and AC). Should a breakage occur outside of warranty coverage (when it’s not the result of defects in materials or workmanship) a repair can usually be made for a fee.
One exception to this is the rods manufactured with a serial number Q, R, S or T. These rods carry an unconditional, original owner lifetime warranty.
PLEASE NOTE: Sage blanks are not serialized. Warranty coverage on rods built from Sage blanks is limited to the blank only.
ROD CLASSIFICATION & REPAIR FEES
CURRENT - Rods that are part of our current line-up. - Fee: $25
RECENT - No longer in our current product line-up, but not more than 10 years since the final year of production. - Fee $75
CLASSIC - 10 or more years since the final year of production.