Shop Home / / Sage SALT HD 890
Sage SALT HD 890
9' 8 weight, four piece fly rod
One of the most essential rod in any angler's selection, the 9 foot 8 weight should do everything from handle the demands of light saltwater species to jungle fishing in the depths of the Amazon. The SALT HD 890 is one of the most versatile 8 weights on our shelves as it's easy to cast at a wide range of distances and has the power to lift and turn fish that might seem out of its class like big Golden Dorado and baby Tarpon.
SALTWATER SPECIFIC / FAST ACTION
- More accurate and stable loop control
- Increased pulling and lifting power
- Larger guide set
In the world of saltwater fishing there is a lot of water out there and with that, a lot of fish species. From calm flats to open seas, the opportunities range dramatically. To put your best foot forward in high stakes fishing, you need a tool built for
the exacting conditions of every unique fishery. The SALT HD lineup of rods are constructed differently - each with purpose. The fast-moving inhabitants of the salt require anglers to make quick shots and even quicker second shots.
With the introduction of KonneticHD Technology, the SALT HD puts situational tools in hand to increase your odds of success. Allowing you to reach further, quicker, more delicately, and providing you with the power to make your angling dreams, lasting memories.
- Squid Ink blank color
- Black thread wraps with Blue trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Heavy-duty Stealth Black anodized aluminum uplocking reel seat
- Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat
- Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Black rod bag with Blue logo and model tag
- Blue powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
KonneticHD Technology is the next era in performance graphite rods. Optimizing our graphite-to-resin ratio, we have created a higher density (HD) fiber composite, resulting in lighter, stronger blanks which deliver unmatched recovery, energy transfer, and line/loop control. Building upon proprietary construction techniques developed for Konnetic Technology, KonneticHD gives us an elevated platform to achieve new levels in rod design.
- New proprietary graphite/resin composite developed through exclusive partnerships.
- Advanced high density (HD) fiber positioning, enhanced laminate characteristics, and optimized manufacturing techniques increase composite modulus while maintaining durability.
- KonneticHD creates amplified strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios as needed within the rod blank.
- Optimized fiber-to-fiber energy transfer along the length of the blank minimizes both lateral and medial vibrations, delivering accuracy in an easy loading blank with quick recovery, a crisp tip stop, and enhanced line feel for complete loop control.
- The highest energy transferring material we have ever created, opening new doors for our R&D Team to experiment with construction techniques, taper designs, and action profiles.
Every new Sage rod, blank and Sage series reel is covered by our lifetime, original owner warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
This warranty is limited to repair and replacement of the rod, blank or reel and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product. This warranty does not cover fire, theft, missing rod sections, intentional breakage, modification or customization of the finished rod, or damage during the assembly of a blank into a finished rod. Warranty coverage on Sage blanks does not extend to any custom work or components added to the blanks. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
Sage reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace any Sage Product covered by this warranty and the right to replace any discontinued models with comparable models when necessary.
Colors and components may vary between original and replacement parts.
ROD CLASSIFICATION & REPAIR FEES
CURRENT - Rods that are part of our current line-up. - Fee: $30
RECENT - No longer in our current product line-up, but not more than 10 years since the final year of production. - Fee $85
CLASSIC - 10 or more years since the final year of production - $175