Sage TROUT SPEY HD 3110
(Grains: 200 - 250gr) - Soft hackles, small to medium streamers 1 - 2 - The perfect tool that can cover nearly any application with reasonable fly size. The 2wt is perfect for the angler that is content casting soft hackles and moderately weighted flies or is looking for a rod that is more appropriately sized to the target fish.
Trout Spey HD / Fast Action
- Swinging flies for trout
- Tailored to the latest developments in Trout Spey lines
- Ease of casting streamers
Featuring KonneticHD technology and a new fast action, the TROUT SPEY HD series of rods bring ease to lightweight spey techniques. Five rods from 10’3” to 11’3” excel with a variety of spey lines that are currently offered in 175-350gr sizes. The TROUT SPEY HD rods are primarily designed for spey casting as opposed to Switch rod style actions previously captured within Sage's Trout Spey category, and features an action designed for skagit and scandi style casting techniques with trout appropriate sized flies.
The TROUT SPEY HD action will improve upon the application with a more stable tip (a balance between stability and tippet protection) and a power adjustment to better handle Trout Spey specific lines currently on the market and the trend toward heavier lines. The added models in the series will give anglers more options to select appropriate sizes for their fishery (fly size, fish size, and environment), with a smaller 10’3” 3wt model designed to work well with the shorter spey heads that are extremely popular today. The two handed short-rod, short-head combination allows anglers to retrieve and fish flies much closer, opening up possibilities in tighter quarters and the ability to cover water more effectively.
- KonneticHD Technology
- Conifer blank color
- Dijon primary thread wraps with Tan trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Vera wood insert with down-locking reel seat
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle with decorative composite accent rings
- Cork composite fighting butt
- Tan rod bag with Brown logo and model tag
- Tactical Green aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- 1109-4: InTouch Trout Spey 175gr w/ 6' Versitip
- 2109-4: InTouch Skagit Trout Spey VersiTip #2
- 3103-4: InTouch Skagit Trout Spey VersiTip #3
- 3110-4: InTouch Skagit Trout Spey VersiTip #3
- 4113-4: InTouch Skagit Trout Spey VersiTip #4
KonneticHD Technology is the next era in performance graphite rods. Optimizing our graphite-to-resin ratio, we have created a higher density (HD) fiber composite, resulting in lighter, stronger blanks which deliver unmatched recovery, energy transfer, and line/loop control. Building upon proprietary construction techniques developed for Konnetic Technology, KonneticHD gives us an elevated platform to achieve new levels in rod design.
- New proprietary graphite/resin composite developed through exclusive partnerships.
- Advanced high density (HD) fiber positioning, enhanced laminate characteristics, and optimized manufacturing techniques increase composite modulus while maintaining durability.
- KonneticHD creates amplified strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios as needed within the rod blank.
- Optimized fiber-to-fiber energy transfer along the length of the blank minimizes both lateral and medial vibrations, delivering accuracy in an easy loading blank with quick recovery, a crisp tip stop, and enhanced line feel for complete loop control.
- The highest energy transferring material we have ever created, opening new doors for our R&D Team to experiment with construction techniques, taper designs, and action profiles.
THE SAGE LIFETIME WARRANTY
Every new Sage rod, blank and Sage series reel is covered by our lifetime, original owner warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
This warranty is limited to repair and replacement of the rod, blank or reel and does not cover direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or any other type of damage resulting from the use of the product. This warranty does not cover fire, theft, missing rod sections, intentional breakage, modification or customization of the finished rod, or damage during the assembly of a blank into a finished rod. Warranty coverage on Sage blanks does not extend to any custom work or components added to the blanks. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.
Sage reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace any Sage Product covered by this warranty and the right to replace any discontinued models with comparable models when necessary.
Colors and components may vary between original and replacement parts.
The lifetime, original owner warranty against defects in materials and workmanship applies to rods with a serial # beginning with the letter "A" and higher, including all double letters (i.e. AA, AB, and AC). Should a breakage occur outside of warranty coverage (when it’s not the result of defects in materials or workmanship) a repair can usually be made for a fee.
One exception to this is the rods manufactured with a serial number Q, R, S or T. These rods carry an unconditional, original owner lifetime warranty.
PLEASE NOTE: Sage blanks are not serialized. Warranty coverage on rods built from Sage blanks is limited to the blank only.
ROD CLASSIFICATION & REPAIR FEES
CURRENT - Rods that are part of our current line-up. - Fee: $25
RECENT - No longer in our current product line-up, but not more than 10 years since the final year of production. - Fee $75
CLASSIC - 10 or more years since the final year of production.